Our Place is an online insight community that is intended for you to take part in market research - to have your say on the National Trust’s products, programmes and services, to help influence the decisions made. It’s also a space for you to discuss and share ideas and experiences with other National Trust supporters. We have a few House Rules to help ensure Our Place remains pleasant, safe and a useful community space for everyone to enjoy.
1. No personal attacks or threats to other community members. Respect other community members’ opinions – not everyone will think the same, that’s what makes this community so interesting.
2. No use of profane, unpleasant or offensive language.
3. No comments that are discriminatory or hateful regarding race, political beliefs, religion, disability, ethnicity and sexual orientation.
4. Comments, videos, photos or links should not contain material deemed to be distasteful or offensive. And they should not contain sexually explicit content.
5. You must have permission from all individuals shown in your images or videos, before uploading and sharing them with the community.
6. No commercial solicitations – we do not allow the promotion of commercial products or services. We also do not allow the promotion of fundraising projects for other charities or organisations.
7. No spamming, link baiting or uploading files that are misleading or could contain viruses..
8. No discussions or content featuring any illegal activity.
9. As per the Terms and Conditions, no copying, reproducing, distributing or transmitting the site and any of its content on any medium without written permission from the National Trust.
10. Please only post content that is truthful, accurate and not misleading.
While we do not pre-screen any comments, our moderators will remove any posts that are in breach of the House Rules listed above, and your account may be closed.
If you think a community member has breached any of the above House Rules and is behaving in an inappropriate manner, you can report this to the Our Place team by selecting the ‘report’ button above the post or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.The Our Place team will then assess the situation before using their discretion to take the appropriate action.